How to Officially Declare Your Major

University College students officially declare their major using the AppalNET Student Portal site.

  1. AppalNet Self Service loginLog into AppalNet.
  2. Log into Appalnet self service
  3. Select the "Student" tab.
  4. Click on "Student Records".
  5. Click on "Declare Your Major".
  6. Follow the instructions and click SUBMIT.

You will be notified via email once your records have been processed.

After major declaration, your records will be moved to your new College and Department and you will no longer have an assigned advisor in University College. You may be able to find your new advisor's name listed at the top of your DegreeWorks audit.

If you are not eligible to declare, you will get an error message. If you are unclear why you were unable to declare, contact your University College advisor (listed in DegreeWorks) or call the UC Advising Office at 828-262-2167.