After submitting your form, it will take approximately 2-3 weeks to process your declaration.
- When your declaration is processed, you will receive a confirmation email that will tell you how you will be advised in the future and whether or not you will have required advising. (We strongly recommend that even if you do not have required advising that you seek that out anyway!) If you want to know which colleges have required advising, check this Early Registration Access page and scroll down.
- Once you receive the email confirming that your declaration has been processed, it may still be 2-3 weeks before you are assigned an advisor in your department. Your new academic college will receive your records and major advisors will be assigned in the departments. Each department handles advising differently.
- Continue to check DegreeWorks to see if your new major advisor is listed. When assigned, you'll be able to contact the advisor directly. If no advisor is listed, contact your academic department for instructions on how to connect with your advisor.
- If you are in the College of Business, you can go to the Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center site to see how to make an advising appointment. You will be contacted by that office when they have your records so you can wait until then to make an appointment.
- If you have submitted the declaration form but have a question regarding classes or policy, feel free to contact your regular (University College) advisor. They will not be able to advise you for upcoming semesters or give you your PIN number, but they can help you until your declaration is official.