Taking Classes Away From Appalachian

How do I take classes at another institution?

Taking classes at another college or university in the United States is called “visiting coursework." Before you take classes at another institution, either during a regular semester or summer semester, make sure you visit the Online and Transfer Services (OTS) Visiting Coursework webpage for the correct process. Be sure to follow all the steps before you take the class at another institution. Classes taken at another institution that are not pre-approved by OTS may not transfer back to Appalachian as the course you expected or at all.

Caution! Students must meet Appalachian's residency requirements. To graduate from Appalachian, an undergraduate students must complete the following in residence at least 25% of the credit hours required for the degree as well as a minimum or 18 hours in the major and (if applicable) 9 hours in the minor. It is also important to note that since grades do not transfer, students cannot repeat classes at another institution to replace a grade earned at Appalachian.