Please read the whole page so you can avoid any problems in scheduling an appointment.
If you are a University College, undeclared, currently enrolled student:
University College Academic Advising provides academic advising by Zoom or in-person. To schedule an appointment with your advisor, follow the instructions below.
- Go to TracCloud and log in using your App State username and your App State password. (Your user name is the first part of your email address; just leave off the @appstate.edu from your email address). Once you have logged in and confirmed that the system has your correct contact information, you will be directed to your Dashboard.
- Look for the Schedule an Academic Advising Appointment section.
Keep the appointment set to "Find first available immediately" and then use the second drop down menu to choose the reason for the advising appointment. The choices are:
- New Student Advising
- Registration Advising
- Readmission Advising
- Other - please add a note
3. Once you have selected your reason for meeting with your advisor, then click Search. This will populate the available appointment time choices. Click on the date and time you want to meet. Please note the location of the meeting (online or in person).
4. This will populate a new box that you need to fill out.
- Online vs In-Person
- You may be able to change whether you meet with your advisor online or in-person if your advisor allowed this choice when they created the appointment.
- If the Online box is selected with a blue check mark it means the appointment is Online. You may be able to uncheck this box for an in-person appointment.
- Leave us a note regarding what you want to talk about and your phone #. Then click CONFIRM. Next click Close.
5. You should receive a confirmation email in your App State email account. You can also see your upcoming appointment(s) on your TracCloud Dashboard.
Plan to be available during your scheduled time, and watch your App State email account for any further notifications from your advisor. Be sure to review How Do I Prepare for My Advising Appointment?
If you selected an Online appointment, find directions for how to start your Zoom advising appointment in your confirmation email.
If you are unable to log in or schedule your appointment online, please call UC Advising at 828-262-2167.
If you schedule an appointment with an advisor, you can't schedule another appointment for at least two more weeks. So KEEP your appointment.
If you need to change the location of your appointment (e.g., in-person to online or vice versa), please contact your advisor directly to see if they can accommodate this request. For example, you scheduled an in-person appointment but on the day of the appointment are not feeling well-enough to come in-person.
If you have declared your major
Please contact your academic department or College, as each department/College schedules advising appointments differently.
If you are a prospective student
You cannot schedule an appointment online. We would like for you to use the available resources on this site to find the information you need. If you still have questions, please contact us to let us know how we can help you.