If you are a community college advisor, please see The Office of Transfer Services website.
Thank you for helping your students navigate the process of applying to and being ready for enrollment at Appalachian State University.
We would like for students to use the Prospective Students section on this site to navigate the process and inform themselves when they are first considering coming to Appalachian. The “Steps to Coming to Appalachian” page is a great starting point!
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful and can refer students to.
- The Office of Admissions: This is the starting point for all students.
- The Office of Transfer Services: This office and its website are an invaluable resource for high school students bringing in dual-enrollment credit. Use the Transfer Equivalency Course Search as a guide for how these courses may transfer.
- Orientation: All entering students must attend an Orientation session.
- Early Registration Advising: Prior to registering for classes, all entering students complete this mini online “course” to learn how to choose and register for classes.
- The Undergraduate Bulletin: This searchable site gives information about academic policies, course descriptions, and requirements (Programs of Study) for all majors and minors.
- Four Year Guides: These semester-by-semester guides help students to understand the courses required and sequencing of classes for their intended degrees.
- Scholarships: It is important for students to apply for scholarships prior to coming to Appalachian.
- Majors and Minors: This page lists all majors and minors offered by Appalachian as well as detailed information about those majors and career paths.
- General Education: All students must complete 44 credit hours from a variety of subjects which are designed to introduce students to new ways of understanding and interacting with the world around them.
- Placement Testing: Some students will need to take placement tests prior to starting classes at Appalachian.
- Credit by Exam (AP, IB, CLEP, AS & A Levels): Please visit our Credit by Exam webpage to find our current AP, IB, CLEP, and/or AS & A Level Exam policies.